RIFC Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

DVD Production

Hey, last week I went to the first meeting of the DVD production club offshoot of the Collaborative. I wasn't exactly excited about it - it sounded kind of dry - but I was really impressed when I actually went. It was not only a good time, it was very informative, including aspects of cover layout and encoding that I hadn't really thought about before.

Dave Splinter did a great job preparing it, right down to recruiting The Incredibles to provide visual aids! It seems like this could be a great group, and real productive learning ground for anyone putting their own DVD packages together for either self-distribution or festival submission.

I'm looking forward to the next one - thanks Dave!! And thanks to the Spot, a really interesting, artistic space which was generous enough to donate their space on Thayer St.

- Mike Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




Copyright © 2010 Rhode Island Film Collaborative